Saturday 21 February 2015

Mind troubles ! (Mooji)

You say, 'Mind troubles me. Help me Mooji ! I don't want to believe my mind anymore.'

Sounds credible like this person is really hot for liberation.
But is this 'person' really true ?
If you want to overcome the mind, you have to also overcome the person.
They go together.
The person and thinking.
The person and striving.
The person and restlessness or discontentment.
The person and attachment.

The person and desire.
The person and practice.
The person and training.
All of this, they go together.

But the person itself also is observable.
So far we have been thinking the person observes everything.
You feel your starting point is the person.
Your starting point of the practise is–I am the person.
This ' I am the person belief' is even saying 'I am the supreme consciousness' while continuing to function as the person.
And it is this person that experiences a sense of being established in the Self but then it goes back out into the mind field, oscillating between the two continually.
'But when is all this going to stop?', it asks.
' When will I finally get this monkey off my back?'
But the monkey is not only on the back, the monkey is in the mind.
Remember, this oscillation is itself phenomenal.
You are the witness of this.
As this mist of misunderstanding clears, a deeper Awareness becomes obvious to Itself.
Now, you understand: But I am just here as the unmoving Seer.
I am not the person.
As the power of this seeing is felt, automatically, the umbilical cord to the psychological identity is cut.
The monkey vanishes without leaving even a banana skin in sight.
There remains only the expanse of pure Peace and undisturbed Being–the Supreme Self.


~ Mooji, India 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment